Meet Kristof in Stockholm, where he talks at The 2019 Platform Summit by Nordic APIS.More info
About The 2019 Platform Summit
The 2019 Platform Summit is a 2-and-a-half-day event jam-packed with workshops and keynote sessions offering innovative insights on building success in the API ecosystem.
API experts and thought leaders will gather in Stockholm to share insights and expertise and allow you to:
- Expand your knowledge of design style: GraphQL, REST, gRPC & more
- Take microservices architecture theories into practice with real-life case studies
- Secure API access management and identity control using protocols like OAuth, OpenID Connect, SCIM, and others
- Learn how to refine your developer experiences and increase API adoption using tools like OpenAPI Specification
- Discover innovative trends effecting the API space: From serverless, IoT, to AI
Kristof Van Tomme: Scaling API Docs – What to Consider When Building a Developer Portal
Developer experience is a key predictor for a successful API program. But how do you go about making a great DX? If you are a startup there are many models in the API community you can emulate. But what if you are running a large API initiative as part of a digital transformation program, how will you do so consistently at scale? What are the pitfalls? What should you consider when choosing the governance model and technology for your devportal?
In this talk he explains how API documentation and your devportal can help you to turn your organization into a complex adaptive system. Exploring a constraint model that can help you reason about governance and technology choices. Borrowing insights from biological systems to help build a system that is neither over- nor under-constrained.
For more information, visit the event page.