Meet Pronovix developers at DrupalCamp Pannonia, where Kitti Radovics, Árpád Csányi and Gábor Kurucz will be speakers.More info
Day 1: Kitti Radovics, Árpád Csányi - CSS Custom Properties: Benefit From the Future of CSS Today
What are CSS custom properties (aka CSS variables) and why are they useful in general? How can we utilize them in Drupal themes in order to have a customizable color palette?
All of you might have already heard about CSS custom properties but haven’t used because they aren’t compatible with all of the commonly used browsers. This isn’t the case anymore. The number of browsers with support for it is higher today and we also have workarounds for browsers that still haven’t implemented this feature. Why not start using its benefits in our Drupal themes already?
In this session you will hear about:
• CSS properties syntax and how they work
• how to override colors from Drupal theme settings
• how to set up your Gulp task to handle CSS custom properties
• and some code samples for all the above
Knowledge level recommended: intermediate
Day 2: Gábor János Kurucz - How Powerful Is the Layout Builder?
Most of you have tried out Paragraphs, Panels, Display Suite or other tools for fancy and complex pages. I've worked the most with Panels on D7 and Paragraphs on D8. We're shipping Drupal sites on a monthly/bimonthly basis to customers, and all solutions so far had a couple of drawbacks in common:
- Clients are concerned about contrib modules and their security
- These modules have additional dependencies (like page_manager and entity_reference_revisions)
- The administrative UI is hard to learn and use
Layout Builder is in the core, it's stable with the release of Drupal 8.7, the administrative UI is simpler than anything so far and it doesn't have additional dependencies. It's also highly customisable, you can create your own templates and also apply your favourite framework's layout solution.
Let's delve into how powerful Layout Builder is!
Knowledge level recommended:
- Site building: intermediate
- Theming: advanced
- Module development: intermediate
What you'll learn:
- How to give freedom to the site builders to build complex layouts
- Strategies on building different layouts with Layout Builder
- How to apply your favorite framework to the built layout