“Successful transformation comes from balancing trade-offs, choices between two right ways of executing” claims Claire Barrett (Director, APIsFirst Consulting). This interview explores how API success creates a bow wave for an organisation’s wider digital transformation, and why it is important to recognise the humans behind API success. It also delves into concepts like inside out project thinking, intentional teams and other key issues, like
- How do you get started with your transformation agenda?
- Where do you put your effort and investment in along the way?
- How do you amplify the story for the people who are impacted by the transformation agenda?
- Who needs to get behind an API success? Who drives organizations through transformation?
- How do you empower, resource and not distract the group that is going to make your API program successful?
- Why is that people don’t necessarily recognize the opportunity APIs bring? How to illuminate the path to new opportunities?
- How do APIs help a wider change especially in large and complex organizations?
- What measurement systems do orgs use to measure progress, impact and performance?
- Are there roles that are neglected or overlooked?
The hosts are Kristof Van Tomme and Mark Winberry.
– APIsFirst Consulting – Enabling the programmable economy
– Women in APIs community
– Facilitating Organization Change, a book by Edwin E. Olson & Glenda H. Eoyang
– Out of Control , a book by Kevin Kelly
Back to all API Resilience podcast episodes.