Grow and help grow
Are you passionate about personal development, innovation or open source?
We are serious about self-development. We believe that by growing individually, our team and our community grow as well. We hire great people who love learning and that can go on to claim their own unique place in our company.
Why join Pronovix?
- Professional growth: We don't hire people for a specific role, instead of adjusting people to jobs, we try to adjust our jobs to the qualities and skills of the people. We are obsessed with becoming better people, both professionally and personally. At Pronovix we help you get ready to take on international projects that will shine on your CV.
- Personal growth: When you work with us, you will get experience and references. No matter if you work with us for only a few years, or if you join our tribe for life, you will be able to build a professional profile that will give you job security, no matter what you want to do in the future.
- Financial growth: We strive to provide competitive payment. Besides salaries, we offer perks like keeping your MacBook Pro after 3 years, attending conferences and events, participating in training and courses, personal native English mentoring, flexible work time, remote work, and more.
Many applicants are afraid that their English might not be good enough to work for us. But often this is a fear without solid ground: if you can understand and be understood, and have a discussion of some complexity, it's not a problem if you make mistakes. The most important is that you can communicate. Once that is OK, you will see that you can grow your knowledge really quickly.
Choosing Drupal was one of the best decisions we’ve made as a company. Since then a large ecosystem has grown up around Drupal with lots of high profile projects in the world’s largest organizations. But Drupal is more than an enterprise technology, it’s also a really strong community that has helpful members all over the world, that care about the world and that want to help make it a better place, be it through disaster relief, sharing of digital innovation or digital activism. Drupal is a really good doorway into the open source community that is shaping the world.
While it is of course better if you already have some knowledge, about half of the people at Pronovix were new to Drupal when they joined us. If you want to become a module developer, you might want to spend some time over the weekends on a community project (we can help you choose a good one) to build your profile and to get familiar with the Drupal APIs. But if you are a project manager or a themer, you will be able to get up to speed fast.
No worries, we understand that everyone has to start somewhere and if you are willing to learn, we are happy to help you. We have a track record of turning young graduates into world class open source developers, just check out their stories on the right.
Most of our team members work from our Szeged office, but we’re also fine with occasional or fully remote work. We have team members working remotely from other countries or cities, so our workflow is optimized for a distributed team.
PHP is not the prettiest of languages, but because of the sheer size of its developer community and the massive number of open source tools built in or for PHP, it has become a very productive platform for building web applications. We have a very pragmatic relationship with PHP, we use it for those things it is best in: community, open source extensions; and complement it with other languages where it has its shortcomings. Developing in PHP (at least the way we do it) requires you to interact with the open source community, and this is a really important skill you will need in the future no matter what language you write code in.
Large multinationals have fixed ways and fixed views that are really hard to change. If all you want is a job and a linear career and you don’t mind being one of many, you might be better off in a big multinational firm. If however you would like to be a unique person that can make a meaningful contribution, and if you want to work in an organization where people care about you and the impact you are making on the world, you might find us a more interesting place to work.
While we have no open positions at the moment; we are always ready to get to know new, interesting faces. Are you a fan of quality work, self-development and good coffee? Then it looks like you are still the perfect candidate for us! If you think that you could be a good fit in our team, send an email to email@example.com and show us your talent through some of your works. (The below descriptions might serve as guidelines about our expectations. If you don’t see a position that fits you, but would be interested in working with us, please don’t hesitate to get in contact.)
To convince us about your fit, you can also send us a max. two minute video with your personal story. As many of us work remotely, it is extremely important to get a personal, almost face-to-face impression. If you are not a party face, or you cannot create a studio environment (at least without cats crawling around the whole time), that is not a problem. But if you take the time to shoot that video it will inform us about your technical skills, your creativity and other aspects that we cannot check otherwise.
Improve your IT skills and get experience — work on real projects with professionals
We are looking for trainees to join our team in Szeged:
- Backend Developer
- Frontend Developer/Themer
- Graphic Designer
- Site Builder
- Project Manager
- Technical Writer
- … any other fields where you think you could be a good addition to the company
Period: 3 months with flexible work conditions
Pronovix is a Belgian-Hungarian software engineering company, designing and developing complex web systems that do their job. We mostly work with Open Source Software (e.g. Drupal, Go), so you’d also work with OSS as our intern. During your three-month internship you will also get the chance to contribute to the open source community.
- Open-minded personality
- Able to communicate in English
- Time to allocate for the traineeship
Nice to have:
- Good English skills
- Experience with CMSs or open source
- Experience in web design
We are looking for people that embody our motto ‘grow and help grow’: people that are passionate about personal development and take responsibility for their knowledge. During the traineeship we will provide you with the environment and the stimulus to rapidly start developing your professional skills, but we will not hold your hand while doing so. If you are looking for someone to tell you exactly what to learn in a nicely organised education program, this internship is not for you.
What we offer:
- Professional experience: Fill the gap between formal education and practical work. Get trained on real, international projects.
- International setting: Get accustomed to thinking big. Improve your English and work globally.
- Cutting edge technologies: Tune in to the constant evolution of technology. Always keep your tools sharp.
Interested? Check our ITrainee site and apply.