Are you passionate about personal development, innovation or open source? Join our team, speed up with the Pronovix Onboarding Program, and benefit from the multiple advantages that we offer.
Our open positions
We are looking for a Drupal/PHP developer to join our team in Szeged (partial or fully remote work is possible).
Our Drupal/PHP developers work mostly on international and EU projects, so good English command is a must. You should have excellent programming skills, problem-solving abilities, and a strong work ethic. We are looking for a self-starter who can jump in midstream to help us work on our web projects. The applicant will join an agile team of talented and experienced developers, where one can get all support for further development (e.g. attending conferences and courses, giving presentations, contributing to the community).
- Working with our internal team to create compelling and cutting-edge web applications, web services, and e-commerce systems
- Turning design and user interface mockups into functional websites
- Custom programming and web application development
- Testing, maintenance, and troubleshooting of existing sites
- Contributing ideas and efforts toward internal projects and working as part of a team to find solutions to various problems (e.g., development platforms, documentation)
More than anything, this job requires a desire to provide high quality code. The candidate should also have the ability to work as part of a team, understanding problems from another team member's perspective and, when necessary, go above and beyond the job description to work toward a broader team goal.
Desirable experience and skills for the job include:
- Good knowledge of PHP/SQL/HTML (preferably also Drupal)
- Familiarity with revision control systems such as GIT or SVN
- Former experience with OOP
- Good English command
Nice to have:
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with agile development methodologies (e.g. SCRUM)
- Web design experience (e.g., knowledge of XHTML, CSS, web standards)
- An interest in open source internet technology, applications and the community
Send your CV (including reference works, if possible) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re looking for an experienced Drupal frontend developer to create developer portals with us.
- Implement the designs in Drupal created by the design and user experience team.
- Attend regular standups with the project manager, the client and the rest of the team.
- Attend regular standups with the frontend specialised team to share knowledge, best practices and experiences.
- Follow best practices and company standards and improve them if necessary.
- Find what you are the most passionate about in your work, and keep improving in your field.
- Experience with Drupal
- Advanced HTML5 and CSS3 knowledge
- Git or Gerrit
- Experience developing in an Agile environment
- Professional working proficiency of English
Nice to have:
- Object-oriented PHP
- React experience
- Ajax experience
Application: Send your CV, including references, to email@example.com.
We are looking for a UX Designer with the ability to gather user requirements, plan UI structure and build navigation components. The successful candidate understands user needs and has a strong commitment to grow in the field of web and digital UX design, Information Architecture and user research.
What you’d be doing:
- Work closely with designers, user experience researchers, content managers, software developers and project managers to brainstorm about solutions and plan projects in accordance with the assigned client’s strategic needs
- Be adaptable and have the ability to prioritise workloads
- Work with the design team to optimise products and services for a range of clients
- Assist in the production of wireframes, prototypes, concept sketches, interaction designs and user flows using key tools such as Sketch
- At least one year of experience in the field of UX
Nice to have:
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with the design team, product managers and developers
- Illustrate project ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Experience in creating wireframes, concepts, and user journeys
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Experience in using the following designer tools: Sketch, InVision, Zeplin
- Passion for creating useful, usable, engaging user experiences
- Ability to collaborate with others, and work independently
- Able to work concurrently on multiple projects
- Confident communication skills in English
- A passion for UX and UI
- Some experience of user research and usability testing would be a bonus
- Strong communication skills
If you are interested, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the following materials:
- Portfolio: Examples of your work
- Cover letter describing why you are a good match for the UX Designer position
We are looking for a Designer with the ability to take part in design creation processes in client projects. The successful candidate must understand user needs and have a strong commitment to grow in the field of web and digital design, typography, color theory, template production and branding guidelines.
Work closely with designers, user experience researchers, content managers, software developers and project managers to brainstorm about, design and implement projects in accordance with the assigned client’s brand standards.
Work with a sense of urgency, care about the details and understand the importance of deadlines and communication.
Educate yourself with any assigned client’s background, brand standards, customer base, market, competitors and other relevant information—and keep that knowledge up-to-date
Stay up to date with best practices and maintain knowledge of retail competition
Be adaptable and have the ability to prioritise workloads
Collaborate across teams and projects
Develop infographics, online banners, and social media artwork
Experience in using the following designer tools: PS, Sketch, Zeplin
Interest in designing for multiple formats—web, mobile, print installation, video, etc.
One or more years of professional design experience
Demonstrable design skills
Enthusiasm and creativity to provide original ideas
Design sensibility and typography
Ability to collaborate with others, and work independently
Capable of working concurrently on multiple projects
Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
Confident communication skills in English
Send your CV, including references, to email@example.com.
If you are interested in any position, check the detailed description and send your application in English to firstname.lastname@example.org. In case of questions, first read the FAQ below, as you might already find the sought answers.
Do you want to build an IT career but still need help to get started? Join our free ITrainee Program!
At Pronovix we try to make the best possible workplace. We let people be people instead of a cog in a machine. Practically that means that you’ll have flexible hours, will be able to work from home, and be asked to participate in discussions about the decisions that affect your work life (after an initial onboarding period). Our motto is “Grow and help grow”: members of our tribe can evolve or completely change their role. Dreaming of starting your own business? Even that is possible in our company.
As a flat company we hire people for who they are, not just the role they will play in the company. We have employees that come from a wide variety of backgrounds and disciplines. Diversity of perspective is something we actively look for during our hiring process. When it comes to people, our goal is to ensure that each team member can progress further and faster in their careers while working with us. We sponsor education, support and provide opportunities to teach and speak at conferences, and invest in internal research projects.
What we do
Pronovix is a fast growing specialist consultancy with offices in Belgium and Hungary that services customers from all over world. As the world’s leading specialist in developer portals we work with some of the most well known global brands. Our customers include household names of international companies in the banking, telecom, food, software, media, and hospitality industries. For these companies we design and build websites that explain how developers can use their APIs.
APIs—a programmatic interface that lets software interact without human intervention— are at the heart of the recent speedup and efficiency gains in industry. APIs are the invisible technology layer that enables mobile applications, supply chain automation, and the massive spurt of innovation in the startup world. APIs are what make it possible for a developer in a garage to create a business that can compete globally from day one.
But developer portals and APIs are just the start of our story, we have really big plans! Our underlying goal is to make the world a more meaningful place for hundreds if not thousands of people, one employee at a time, across a range of different specialty consulting niches.
If you’d like to learn more about our values, please read our Code of Conduct.
Many applicants are afraid that their English might not be good enough to work for us. But often this is a fear without solid ground: if you can understand and be understood, and have a discussion of some complexity, it's not a problem if you make mistakes. The most important is that you can communicate. Once that is OK, you will see that you can grow your knowledge really quickly.
Choosing Drupal was one of the best decisions we’ve made as a company. Since then a large ecosystem has grown up around Drupal with lots of high profile projects in the world’s largest organizations. But Drupal is more than an enterprise technology, it’s also a really strong community that has helpful members all over the world, that care about the world and that want to help make it a better place, be it through disaster relief, sharing of digital innovation or digital activism. Drupal is a really good doorway into the open source community that is shaping the world.
While it is of course better if you already have some knowledge, about half of the people at Pronovix were new to Drupal when they joined us. If you want to become a module developer, you might want to spend some time over the weekends on a community project (we can help you choose a good one) to build your profile and to get familiar with the Drupal APIs. But if you are a project manager or a themer, you will be able to get up to speed fast.
No worries, we understand that everyone has to start somewhere and if you are willing to learn, we are happy to help you. We have a track record of turning young graduates into world class open source developers.
Most of our team members work from our Szeged office, but we’re also fine with occasional or fully remote work. We have team members working remotely from other countries or cities, so our workflow is optimized for a distributed team.
PHP is not the prettiest of languages, but because of the sheer size of its developer community and the massive number of open source tools built in or for PHP, it has become a very productive platform for building web applications. We have a very pragmatic relationship with PHP, we use it for those things it is best in: community, open source extensions; and complement it with other languages where it has its shortcomings. Developing in PHP (at least the way we do it) requires you to interact with the open source community, and this is a really important skill you will need in the future no matter what language you write code in.
Large multinationals have fixed ways and fixed views that are really hard to change. If all you want is a job and a linear career and you don’t mind being one of many, you might be better off in a big multinational firm. If however you would like to be a unique person that can make a meaningful contribution, and if you want to work in an organization where people care about you and the impact you are making on the world, you might find us a more interesting place to work.