Robin Meissner is the Head of API transformation at TUI AG (Touristik Union International), the largest leisure, travel and tourism company in the world.
In episode 2 Robin Meissner (Head of API transformation) talked about TUI’s digital transformation efforts in the past 2 years from the first API they published to the future API and interface ecosystem he envisions for TUI.
Tune in and learn:
- TUI is a “high-asset” company that grew through acquisitions and that has many local partners. What challenges did this create for TUI in its digital transformation journey?
- Why technology is only half of a successful API program?
- Why and how Robin’s team took an iterative, inclusive approach in their API program instead of trying to kick off with a perfect digital experience?
- How the value of APIs is perceived by internal management, and
- What KPIs and other factors can indicate the success of a digital transformation program and facilitate management buy-in?
The hosts are Kristof Van Tomme and Mark Winberry.
Back to all API Resilience podcasts episodes.