The video recordings of the lectures held on the Documenting APIs mini-conference are now available on our dedicated event page.
On March 4, 2016 we helped organise a special whole-day meetup in London on the Write The Docs conference, in which the community discussed the tools and processes used to document APIs.
We recorded the sessions, mashed them up with tweets and summaries and published them.
On the page you will find the following content:
- James Stewart, Director of Technical Architecture at GDS: Intro and welcome to GDS
- Rosalie Marshall, Tech Author at GDS: Understanding the needs of API documentation users
- Ellis Pratt, Technical Communicator and director at Cherryleaf: Aye, Aye, API - What makes Technical Communicators uneasy about API documentation, and what can we do about it?
- Christian Vogel, RAML: A Quick Introduction to RAML
- Ole Lensmar, Chairman of the Open API Initiative and CTO of SmartBear Software: Swagger
- Kristof Van Tomme, CEO Pronovix: Code sample libraries in Drupal, using the GitLab field module
- Alexander Browne, HMRC product manager: The HMRC developer portal
- Andrew Marshall, technical author: The potential of API docs to evolve technical architecture and API design (TBC)
- Paul Mackay, Technical Lead for the DCLG Local Waste Service Standards Project: Local digital standards for waste service in government
- Chris Smith, lead technical architect at Companies House: Introducing Swaggerly
- Kyle Fuller, API Blueprint: Documenting APIs for Humans
- Kim Stebel, Tech Author: Interactive API documentation
- Roger Sheen, Information Architect & DITA Open Toolkit Collaborator, Documentation Maintainer, Infotexture: “API Docs in DITA”
To stay informed about the London WTD events, click here.
If you think your followers would be interested in the sessions, please, send a tweet, share us on Facebook, or LinkedIn. We are looking for people interested in API documentation for similar future events in the Write the Docs community.
We are planning an event on May 22nd in Portland and another one in Washington DC some time in October. Want to get notified about events like this?